Albany Heights, Auckland
+64 21 201 6889
I have a passion in computing and like to live on the edge with technology. I have proven customer service skills assisting clients face to face. I enjoy solving new problems which often requires critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
Walking into a room with a birds nest of cable is exciting to me. Cable Management and cable labelling is 2nd nature to me. I accomplish these to the absolute highest degree.
- Install, manage and support computer networks, hardware and software
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of PC/Mobile Hardware & Software to all skill levels
- Install, configure and deploy Windows Client/Server OS, macOS, Linux and iOS
- Support and manage computers in a networked environment
- Proven interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Experience with basic Windows server services and custom NAS OS’s
Liquid Automation - Installer & Integrator
JANUARY 2017 - Present
Work Independently within a client's property demonstrating honesty and trustworthiness
Specifying, Installing and Managing managed WiFi systems. Ruckus, UniFi, Luxul
Tracking time with detail for timesheet
Working off CAD drawn plans and making changes when on site.
Creating block diagrams of a systems interlink and long run cables for easy install and future troubleshooting. Including unique cable numbers and equipment tags.
Project Management of small/medium projects
Take excellent care of a company vehicle
Work closely with staff and crew to complete a project for more reserved high profile clients.
Travel overseas for long term Superyacht refits
Cable management and documentation of Equipment Racks to the highest degree! In a timely fashion
Experience with home automation systems including; Crestron, Savant, RTI and Lutron.
Web Developer - Casual Developer
JANUARY 2012 - Present
Developed many websites using Squarespace and purchased a long list of domains.
Editing domain zones for servers, hosting and redirects
Effectively communicate with clients to determine design and function which often meant re establishing an end goal
Coaching clients so that they could operate and update their site independently
Created a manual for clients to refer to when needed demonstrating technical knowledge of web development
Home and Vision, Auckland - Installer
MARCH 2012 - December 2016
Work Independently at a client's new home demonstrating honesty and trustworthiness
Explaining to clients the floor plan and re negotiating issues as they arise which required patience and excellent communication skills
Cable wiring and termination including incl: Ethernet, HDMI, Coax, RCA, and more
Final equipment fit-off and installation
Experienced in installing; Media distribution systems, home automation, security systems and home networks
Ceiling mounted WiFi and Speakers
Configuring custom iPad/iPhone control systems
Experience with wiring, installation and configuration of smart home control systems
The Warehouse, Botany Downs, AKL - Team Member - Entertainment
OCTOBER 2008 - FEBRUARY 2016
Demonstrated punctuality and flexibility as a member of the team willingly stepping in at short notice to fulfil a work shift
Experienced cash handling and operating EFTPOS
Able to authorise customers applying for store Credit Cards and Hire Purchase
Proven excellent customer service skills as a team member
Able to multitask and work independently
Following Health and Safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment
Techtorium - Level 5 Diploma in PC Support
OCTOBER 2015 - Present
- PC Hardware/Software Installation, Repair & Support
- Networking Concepts & Server Administration
- Internet & Networking Security, WAN & LAN Security
- Windows Applications, Systems & Website Creation
Botany Downs Secondary College - Year 9-11
Botany Downs, Auckland
FEBRUARY 2007 - NOVEMBER 2009
click to open .pdf cirtificates
Currently working towards my CompTIA certifications
- Building servers, helping friends with custom PC builds, managing a self hosted content server for friends and family and automating as many devices as I can around my daily schedule.
- Keeping up with all the latest news in the IT world
- Managing various servers and personal PC’s for friends and family, including
- numerous virtual machines.
- Bushwalks/Hikes, Bike riding instead of car, camping, running and anything similar.
- I’m out in the sun as much as I can
- Owned a successful 400L Living Coral Reef aquarium for many years
- Listening to Audiobooks, Podcasts, Ted Talks
- I try to learn a couple new things everyday, either by browsing reddit.com/r/TIL or
- just googling my curiosity away during my downtime